Sunday, April 4, 2010

Information sought on infamous Cullman sign

The Cullman County Historical Society is seeking to document information about the "Sign," which allegedly hung in Cullman at one time and which has negatively impacted our image for decades, most recently in a New York Times Magazine article.

If you have knowledge of this sign, where it was, what it said, how long it hung, and expecially if you pesonally saw it, please send a letter to the society at P.O. Box 804, Cullman, AL 35066.

You do not have to give your name or identify yourself unless you would like to further discuss your information with a member of the society. This will be used for historical purposes only and is a major issue of Cullman County's history. We welcome all input.

1 comment:

  1. I have heard of this all my life(I'm 55 now) and lived in Hanceville until 1974 when I went away to the University. My generation felt a great need to ride all around Cullman County when we were teenagers. All I can say is I've NEVER seen this sign and I don't know anyone that has. I've heard people that didn't live here tell me they saw it but they couldn't tell me where. I certainly don't deny that it existed at one time but when and where? Someone please tell me where and when they've seen this sign!!!! I know I'm late posting here but I just found it today.

    Greg Burden

    ReplyDelete